HomeTrust Bank is committed to continually providing you with the most advanced fraud protection available. As part of that commitment, we are pleased to introduce text- and email-based fraud alerts.
This service allows us to contact you when we identify a potentially fraudulent debit card transaction. After receiving an alert, you can verify the transaction or let us know it is fraudulent.
Beginning on April 30, all HomeTrust debit card holders with valid mobile numbers on record will receive a text message to enroll in our two-way debit card fraud prevention service.
Messages will come from the number 20733. This is a valid number sent from HomeTrust Bank.
Watch this brief tutorial video to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fraud Alerts
How can I be sure the text message is from HomeTrust?
- Our debit card fraud alerting system uses the phone number 20733.
- Remember that we will never ask you to provide sensitive information like a password or PIN through a text message.
What will the enrollment message say?
- HomeTrust Bank Fraud Alerts activation text. Reply YES to confirm your enrollment, HELP for help, STOP to cancel texting. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
- After you confirm your enrollment, you’ll receive a confirmation text message like this: HomeTrust Bank Fraud Alerts. Thank you for enrolling. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
What happens after I enroll?
- If we identify a potentially fraudulent debit card transaction, you will receive an e-mail at the address in our system.
- The e-mail will contain a phone number to contact our new automated system, which will allow you to verify the transaction or let us know it is fraudulent.
What if I don’t see the e-mail?
- If you do not respond to the e-mail within one minute after it is sent and you are enrolled in text message alerts, we’ll send a text message that looks something like this:Transaction Question – HomeTrust Bank Fraud Alerts: Did you attempt a transaction on debit card ending [last 4 digits of card number] at [Merchant] in [State] for [Amount]? Reply YES or NO.
- The text message will be sent from the same number: 20733.
What if I don’t see the e-mail or the text message?
- If you do not respond to the text message within 15 minutes after it is sent, our fraud monitoring team will call you.
If I don’t enroll immediately, can I enroll later?
- Either reply “YES” within 72 hours of receiving the enrollment text message, or contact our Customer Care Center at 800.627.1632 anytime during our support hours of 8AM – 7PM Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 9AM – 3PM to enroll.
What if I choose not to enroll?
- You will still receive an e-mail each time we identify a potentially fraudulent debit card transaction. If we do not receive a response, our fraud monitoring team will call you.