Fixed-rate refinance mortgages offer stable, lower monthly payments
Refinancing your home may be a good financial decision for you if the savings you realize will compensate for the cost of the refinancing. HomeTrust Bank’s expert mortgage lenders can explain today’s refinance loans in simple terms to help you select one that best suits your financial situation.
Refinance fixed rate loans
Fixed-rate refinance mortgages from HomeTrust Bank are one of our most popular refinance options for good reason, especially for new home owners.
- Whether it’s 15 or 30 years, the interest rate remains the same for the life of the loan. Check rates and calculate your payment here.
- Your monthly payment remains the same too.
Fixed-rate loan refinancing lets you borrow money for the long term, and lower monthly payments let you invest in other things. Refinancing with a fixed-rate mortgage makes sense for people who plan to stay in their home for several years.
30-year Fixed Rate
This type of mortgage provides a lower monthly payment for the same amount than a mortgage with fewer years. You receive a fixed interest rate that makes it easier to set a budget.
Fixed-rate loan advantages:
- No penalty for paying this loan off early.
- Payments are predictable and more affordable.
- You can pay off the loan sooner by making additional payments toward principal.
- You can’t take advantage of lower rates unless you refinance.
- While the interest rate for a 30-year loan is fixed, you will pay more in interest over the life of the loan than with a shorter-term loan.
- This loan is best for those who intend to stay in their home at least seven years.
15-year Fixed Rate
A shorter loan term and lower interest rates mean you build equity more quickly. You can pay off your home faster, and you’ll pay less interest than a 30-year loan. However, your monthly payments will be higher than a 30-year fixed-rate home loan.
Let our mortgage experts help you refinance now!